Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sarjapur Trail Ride, Bangalore

Date : Sunday, July 12, 2009

Group :Ravi, Anand, Neera, Nitin, Rajat, Fareed, Priyesh, Francis, Baalu, many others and me.

Fixing the flats

Starting : I forgot my gloves and without them riding a trail would be difficult. Hecne, I moved back after riding for 2 KMs. Because of this I got late but was lucky enough to catch the other riders before they disappeared.

The Ride : The ride was good and the good weather was an added advantage. It was not much ride when one of us got a flat. Others checked their bikes and one by one, four bikes were having flats. A good break was taken there. After that Ravi leaded us to an Idly shop where all of us took breakfast.

So many flats?

We faced many dead ends today. Moving further, we passed around a lake and there were many rare birds around that area. One of them was really huge. There were also lots of skeletons lying around. One of us suggested to carry it with him to his home as a token of today's ride.

Flower Nursery and the breeding of the Cat Fish

Return : We reached to Decathlon Store on the Sarjapur Road. Got recharged there and also looked at the new arrivals. I will definitely visit there once I have spare money.

To follow this trail upload the GPX file located at http://reach2paresh.googlepages.com/2009-07-12_06_34.gpx
to
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=google


Stats:

Distance : 51 KM
Max Speed : 44.6 KMPH
Avg Speed : 19 KMPH

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm with Time Out Bangalore- could you tell me a little more about this dirt trail in Sarjapur?
    Please get in touch at amritag@paprikamedia.com.
    Thanks! Amrita

    ReplyDelete